Mumbai, one of the most popular cities and India’s financial capital, houses the highest number of gold buyers and sellers. Gold is one of the most valuable commodities, and Mumbaikars check the gold rate today in Mumbai before buying or selling the gold or applying for a gold loan. The gold rate in Mumbai for 22k gold carat and 24K gold carat fluctuates regularly based on numerous external factors, owing to the high volume of gold trading in Mumbai, the citizens need to monitor the gold price regularly to get the best price. Here are the current latest gold price in Mumbai
Today 22 Carat and 24 Carat Gold Price Per Gram in Mumbai (INR)
The gold rate in Mumbai fluctuates based on the domestic market's dynamic gold price. Before buying or selling gold in the market, you must check the gold rate based on its purity:
|Gram||22 Carat Gold Price Today||24 Carat Gold Price Today|
|Gold rate for 1 gram||₹ 5,707||₹ 6,226|
|Gold rate for 10 gram||₹ 57,070||₹ 62,260|
|Gold rate for 12 gram||₹ 68,484||₹ 74,712|
Gold Rate in Mumbai for last 10 Days
|Date||Gold price 22 Carat||Gold price 24 Carat|
|1 Gram||10 Gram||1 Gram||10 Gram|
|11-08-2023||₹ 5,707||₹ 57,070||₹ 6,226||₹ 62,260|
|10-08-2023||₹ 5,700||₹ 57,000||₹ 6,218||₹ 62,180|
|09-08-2023||₹ 5,569||₹ 55,690||₹ 6,076||₹ 60,760|
|08-08-2023||₹ 5,572||₹ 55,720||₹ 6,080||₹ 60,800|
|12-02-2023||₹ 5,353||₹ 53,530||₹ 5,621||₹ 56,210|
|11-02-2023||₹ 5,353||₹ 53,530||₹ 5,621||₹ 56,210|
|10-02-2023||₹ 5,393||₹ 53,930||₹ 5,663||₹ 56,630|
|09-02-2023||₹ 5,393||₹ 53,930||₹ 5,663||₹ 56,630|
|08-02-2023||₹ 5,378||₹ 53,780||₹ 5,647||₹ 56,470|
|07-02-2023||₹ 5,368||₹ 53,680||₹ 5,636||₹ 56,360|
Gold Price Calculator in Mumbai
Gold value: ₹ 5,707.00
What is the Current Trend in the Gold Price in Mumbai?
As one of the biggest hubs for the demand and supply of gold, the gold rate in Mumbai also changes based on the demand and supply of Mumbai’s gold market in real time. However, despite the fluctuating gold rate, the current trend indicates a steady rise in the demand for gold in Mumbai.
Monthly and Weekly Trends of Gold Rate in Mumbai
The monthly and weekly trends of Mumbai’s gold rate are associated with demand and supply management. Mumbai witnesses a steady rise in demand, and the current gold rate in Mumbai is affected by the supply of gold. The monthly and weekly trends follow these factors and subsequently affect the gold price and the Indian domestic market.
Importance of Checking Gold Rates in Mumbai Before Buying
In the domestic market and especially in Mumbai, the gold rate changes in real-time in the domestic market. Hence, to buy and sell gold in Mumbai, it is necessary to check the gold rate in Mumbai to get the best gold price.
Factors that Affects Gold Prices in Mumbai
Gold is one of the most valuable commodities used in multiple industries such as technology, infrastructure and for personal purposes in Indian households. Numerous factors affect the gold price in Mumbai. These are:
- Demand and Supply: If the demand for gold is higher than the supply in Mumbai, the gold price will rise. On the other hand, if the demand is lower than the supply, the gold price will fall.
- Currency Markets: The price of gold in Mumbai and the domestic market is associated with the currency markets, especially the US dollar rate. If the US dollar weakens, the latest gold rate in Mumbai falls because of weak global cues.
- Economic Situation: People consider gold as a safe investment to hedge against negative economic factors such as inflation. Such economic factors highly affect the demand for gold, thereby affecting its price in Mumbai.
- Interest Rates: Gold prices have an inverse relationship with prevailing interest rates. If the interest rates increase, there is a heavy sell-off of gold, increasing supply. People prefer to buy gold when the interest rates decrease, increasing the demand.
916 Gold Rate in Mumbai Today: How is it calculated?
The Bureau of Indian standards hallmarks gold and its products based on purity. Within its hallmarking procedure, 916 hallmarked gold is 22 karats of pure gold bought and sold in Mumbai. The 916 Gold Rate in Mumbai Today is calculated in the following way:
- International Price: Based on the International prices of gold, you can calculate the 916 gold rate as it is the price at which gold traders execute imports.
- Demand and Supply: Based on the demand and supply volumes of gold in Mumbai, gold rates are fixed daily at 10 grams.
- Purity: If the gold is hallmarked as 916 gold, its price will differ from other types of gold, such as 18 karats or 24 karats.
Reasons why Gold Rates Differ Between Mumbai and Other Cities
Mumbai’s gold rate differs from other cities as the buying and selling numbers vary from one city to another. Citizens of Mumbai may buy or sell gold in lesser or larger quantities than that of other cities, thereby affecting the price of gold. Furthermore, these factors may play a role in differing gold rates across cities in India:
- Imports: The value of imports is a factor that influences the price of gold. Since Mumbai is a more extensive consumer of gold than other smaller cities, the price fluctuates compared to other cities.
- Volume: The demand and supply in Mumbai is different from those in other cities. The rate varies as Mumbai citizens buy and sell gold in higher volumes.
Gold Rates in Mumbai FAQs:
Generally, jewellers use 916 hallmarked 22-karat gold to make jewellery than 24-karat gold as the latter is too soft to withstand daily wear.
Gold has become slightly more expensive after the impact of 3% GST. However, gold-making charges were reduced to 5% from 18%, giving some relief to the gold prices in Mumbai.
Gold loan in major cities
- Gold Rate in Vijayawada
- Gold Rate in Kerala
- Gold Rate in Madurai
- Gold Rate in Pune
- Gold Rate in Rajasthan
- Gold Rate in Punjab
- Gold Rate in Salem
- Gold Rate in Ahmedabad
- Gold Rate in Coimbatore
- Gold Rate in Delhi
- Gold Rate in Kolkata
- Gold Rate in Bangalore
- Gold Rate in Chennai
- Gold Rate in Hyderabad
- Gold Rate in Mumbai