How To Explore Funding With Gold Loan Schemes
Get the information you need to make an informed decision on using gold loan schemes as a funding option. Read to learn more!
When one is short on cash and needs money in a hurry, one of the best options at hand can be a gold loan. A gold loan is essentially collateralised credit in which one’s personal gold ornaments are pledged against the money borrowed for a short period of time.
The loan is advanced after the purity and quality of the gold has been verified and its market value has been determined by the lender. The gold is kept safe, and at the end of the loan tenure, once the principal and interest have been repaid, the same is returned to the borrower.
The best part about availing a gold loan in the age of digital finance is that the entire process can be done online and from the comfort of one’s home. Moreover, the credit score of the borrower does not matter as the pledged gold can be confiscated by the lender in case the loan remains unpaid and the borrower defaults.
The money borrowed via a gold loan can be used for anything from funding the requirements of a small business to meeting unforeseen medical expenses to undertaking some necessary home repairs to even paying off a child’s school fees. In short, there is no real bar on how the money may be put to use for any legitimate purpose whatsoever.
Moreover, the gold loan documents needed for availing a gold loan too is very basic. All one needs is an identity proof (PAN card, voter ID card, driving license or passport), address proof (passport, driving license, gas or electricity bill) and a passport-sized photograph.
Advantages Of A Gold Loan Over Other Forms Of Borrowing
1. Lower Interest Rate:A gold loan can be a better idea than a personal loan as it is collateralised, and to that extent, can be availed at a lower rate of interest, provided the gold matches the minimum standards set by the lender.
2. Minimal Processing Fees:Another benefit of gold loan is that lenders typically charge minimal processing fees on the application.
3. Credit Score Does Not Matter:Since gold is being offered as collateral, the credit history of the borrower does not quite matter.
Get Gold Loan at the comfort of your homeApply Now
4. Minimal Documentation:Most lenders do not ask for too many documents apart from the basic identity and address proofs while giving out a gold loan, as they already have the yellow metal as collateral.
5. Insurance Cover and High LTV:Not only do good lenders offer their clients an accidental insurance cover while availing of a gold loan, but also a high loan-to-value ratio. These two aspects can make a gold loan a better deal even than say a personal loan.
6. Flexible Repayments:Lenders offering gold loans allow their clients to repay flexibly. Borrowers can choose to repay interest only every month during the tenure of the loan and then the principal amount at the end of the period. People can also choose to be smart and repay the principal amount in monthly installments and then the interest at the end of the tenure. This way they pay interest only on the unpaid principal amount, thereby bringing down their outgo.
Loan To ValueThe amount of money lent is based on the purity and depends on the price of gold at that point of time. The ratio of the money lent to the value of gold is called the gold loan to Value (LTV) ratio and varies from lender to lender.
As is evident from the discussion above, a gold loan is one of the best ways to avail short-term credit for immediate personal needs or to fund a small business for a while.
As a borrower, you should only approach a good lender like IIFL Finance which has a strong reputation in the market and can offer some of the best gold loan interest rates in the market.
Moreover, IIFL Finance can also offer some of its most valuable clients value-added services, apart, of course, from allowing you to apply for the loan online and having your gold valued at the comfort of your home.
Get Gold Loan at the comfort of your homeApply Now
Disclaimer: The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. IIFL Finance Limited (including its associates and affiliates) ("the Company") assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this post and under no circumstances shall the Company be liable for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment etc. suffered by any reader. All information in this post is provided "as is", with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results etc. obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Given the changing nature of laws, rules and regulations, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in the information contained in this post. The information on this post is provided with the understanding that the Company is not herein engaged in rendering legal, accounting, tax, or other professional advice and services. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional accounting, tax, legal or other competent advisers. This post may contain views and opinions which are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency or organization. This post may also contain links to external websites that are not provided or maintained by or in any way affiliated with the Company and the Company does not guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any information on these external websites. Any/ all (Gold/ Personal/ Business) loan product specifications and information that maybe stated in this post are subject to change from time to time, readers are advised to reach out to the Company for current specifications of the said (Gold/ Personal/ Business) loan.