How To Get An ECN Number In CIBIL?
ECN or an Enquiry Control Number in CIBIL is a 9-digit unique number which helps to track an individual’s credit report. Check out to know more about how to get ECN number in CIBIL.
Credit scores are the most influential factor lenders consider when you apply for loans or credit cards. Financial institutions such as banks and credit unions request credit reports from authorised bureaus like CIBIL. Depending on this credit score, a lender decides whether or not to approve a credit application.Every account in the CIBIL database has a unique number associated with it. A lender requests your credit report using this number, known as the ECN or Enquiry control number. This article explains how to obtain your ECN number in CIBIL.
What Is ECN or Control Number?When a bank accesses your credit score, an enquiry Control Number (ECN) is generated each time. ECNs are unique nine-digit numbers that lenders use to find a borrower’s credit records. CIBIL reports contain the control number in the top right corner, which you can find by requesting the lender for your report. They need the ECN to determine the details a lender reviews when pulling a credit report.
Importance Of The Control Number In CIBIL (ECN)A CIBIL ECN number is essential for the following reasons:
• Banks and financial institutions can access CIBIL credit information through the ECN number.
• An ECN number in CIBIL contains information about your credit history and score.
• A control number makes it easy to track millions of CIBIL reports.
How To Get An ECN Number?The control number is a vital record-keeping component for CIBIL to maintain your credit reports and history. As a result, this number is not easily accessible to anyone.
However, you have the right to know your credit report and Enquiry Control Number according to the Credit Information Companies Regulation Act, 2005. You can access the Enquiry Control Number (ECN) and credit reports for any period in several ways, as detailed below.
Zaroorat aapki. Personal Loan HumaraApply Now
• Those seeking information about their control numbers can contact their lender.
• Alternatively, you can request the credit report from the lender to determine the control number. You can find the ECN in the top right corner of this report.
• You can also access a control number through CIBIL through any of the following methods
◦ Helpline number – 1800224 245
◦ Visit their website at www.cibil.com to submit a written request
• You can obtain your ECN by subscribing to a periodic credit report.
How To Check Your CIBIL Report?Here are the steps you need to follow to do a CIBIL score check free online with your PAN Card:
1. Visit CIBIL's official website.
2. Your landing page will have an option to 'Get your CIBIL score’ in the top-right corner. Click on it.
3. Choose a subscription method if you wish to check the CIBIL score more than once in the future. Additionally, you can skip this step if you only want to view the score once a year.
4. The site will ask for your PAN number, date of birth, gender, email address, and a captcha code. After completing all the relevant fields and acknowledging the terms and conditions, click 'Proceed to Payment'.
5. Depending on your needs, you can choose from various payment methods.
6. After completing the above step, you will see your CIBIL score.
Apply For A Loan With IIFL FinanceIf you are looking for a lender to meet all your capital needs, IIFL Finance is your solution. We offer a variety of financial products, including home loans, gold loans, and business loans. You can tailor your loans to meet your capital needs with IIFL Finance's hassle-free application process. Take advantage of IIFL Finance online loan services today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How many digits are there in the enquiry control number?
Ans. The enquiry control number is composed of nine digits.
Q2. How can I get my CIBIL™ control number?
Ans. To obtain your ECN, you can contact CIBIL through their website and helpline number or request the number from the lender.
Zaroorat aapki. Personal Loan HumaraApply Now
Disclaimer: The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. IIFL Finance Limited (including its associates and affiliates) ("the Company") assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this post and under no circumstances shall the Company be liable for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment etc. suffered by any reader. All information in this post is provided "as is", with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results etc. obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Given the changing nature of laws, rules and regulations, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in the information contained in this post. The information on this post is provided with the understanding that the Company is not herein engaged in rendering legal, accounting, tax, or other professional advice and services. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional accounting, tax, legal or other competent advisers. This post may contain views and opinions which are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency or organization. This post may also contain links to external websites that are not provided or maintained by or in any way affiliated with the Company and the Company does not guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any information on these external websites. Any/ all (Gold/ Personal/ Business) loan product specifications and information that maybe stated in this post are subject to change from time to time, readers are advised to reach out to the Company for current specifications of the said (Gold/ Personal/ Business) loan.