Business Loan: Meaning, Types and How To Apply?
Business loans help raise a sizeable capital for a business. Get to know the meaning, types & the process to apply for business loan here!
Every business needs constant capital to ensure expansion and long-term sustainability. However, during a cash crunch, business owners seek external funding. Some entrepreneurs offer company equity to raise external funds, while others prefer business loans. These loans are credit products that do not require pledging of any asset, equity or otherwise, to raise capital.
This blog will help you understand everything you need to know about business loans, like business loan meaning and business loan details.
What Is A Business Loan?
The business loan meaning is a loan product offered to business owners who have a running company but require external funds for operations. The investment cover expenses such as employee salaries, rent, buying equipment, or expanding the business in other cities.
Lenders analyze the business owner's creditworthiness through factors such as credit score and business turnover. However, entrepreneurs or business owners are legally bound to use the loan amount only to cover business expenses and not use the loan amount to cover personal expenditures.
Repayment is also a factor in the business loan definition, as the lenders charge interest on the principal amount the borrower must repay in full within the loan tenure.
Types Of Business LoansNo business has a similar capital need as they belong to multiple industries and sectors. Lenders ensure that they effectively cater to the capital needs of every type of business through specialised business loans. Here are some of the most common business loans available to business owners in India.
• Term Business Loans:They are straightforward, short-term loans without additional benefits. Such loans have a short loan tenure of 1-5 years. These loans require the borrower to mention the purpose of the loan, and the amount sanctioned is based on the business credit history.
• Working Capital Loans:Similar to term loans, working capital business loans are also short-term and come with a tenure of 1-5 years. However, business owners avail of such loans to fulfill short-term and current liabilities such as daily or approaching expenses such as rent or employee salaries.
• Commercial Business Loans:Commercial business loans cater to the capital needs of businesses with high turnover. These loans offer immediate capital up to Rs 50 lakh with a 3-5-year tenure. The loan is for enterprises that have been at least running for a year and are profitable.
• Startup Loans:As startups have become widely popular in India, lenders offer startup loans to entrepreneurs who want to expand their current businesses. These loans do not require pledging any valuable asset as collateral and offer repayment flexibility to budding entrepreneurs.
• Equipment Financing:This business loan allows business owners to raise immediate capital to buy equipment such as machinery or the latest technology. However, entrepreneurs can also use the loan for other business expenses.
Sapna aapka. Business Loan Humara.Apply Now
Eligibility Criteria For Business LoansThe business loan details require fulfilling the set eligibility criteria, including the following.
1. Established enterprises operating for more than six months at the time of application
2. Minimum turnover of Rs 90,000 in the last three months from the time of application
3. The business does not fall under any category or list of blacklisted/excluded businesses
4. The office/business location is not on the negative location list
5. Charitable organisations, NGOs, and trusts are not eligible for a business loan
Documents Required For NBFC Business LoanHere are the documents Proprietorships, Partnerships, and Pvt. Ltd/ LLP /One Person Companies will need to submit to complete the application for a business loan:
1. KYC documents – Identity proof and address proof of the borrower and all co-borrowers
2. PAN Card of the borrower and all co-borrowers
3. Last (6-12 Months) months' bank statement of the main operative business account
4. Signed copy of standard terms (term loan facility)
5. Additional document(s) for credit assessment and processing loan requests
6. GST Registration
7. Previous 12 months’ bank statements
8. Proof of business registration
9. PAN Card and Aadhar Card copy of the Proprietor(s)
10. Deed copy and company PAN Card copy in the case of partnerships
How To Apply For Business LoansHere is how you can apply for a business loan with a quality lender:
Step 1: Visit the lender's website and navigate to the business loan section.
Step 2: Click “Apply Now” and fill out the application form.
Step 3: Submit all the relevant documents needed for completing KYC.
Step 4: Click the “Submit” button to complete the loan application process.
Step 5: After review, the lender will approve the loan in under 30 minutes and disburse the amount within 48 hours into the borrower’s bank account.
Avail Of An Ideal Business Loan From IIFL FinanceIIFL Finance offers financial services like customised and comprehensive business loans and provides extensive business loan details for transparency. The business loan does not need collateral and offers instant funds up to Rs 30 lakh with a quick disbursal process. The application process is entirely online with minimal paperwork with attractive and affordable interest rates to ensure the repayment doesn’t create a financial burden.
Q.1: Do I need collateral for a business loan from IIFL Finance?
Ans: No, IIFL Finance business loan does not require pledging any asset as collateral to take the business loan.
Q.2: What is the minimum credit score for an IIFL Business loan?
Ans: The minimum credit score is 750 out of 900.
Q.3: What is the loan tenure for IIFL Finance business loan?
Ans: The loan tenure for a business loan up to Rs 30 lakh is up to five years.
Sapna aapka. Business Loan Humara.Apply Now
Disclaimer: The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. IIFL Finance Limited (including its associates and affiliates) ("the Company") assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this post and under no circumstances shall the Company be liable for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment etc. suffered by any reader. All information in this post is provided "as is", with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results etc. obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Given the changing nature of laws, rules and regulations, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in the information contained in this post. The information on this post is provided with the understanding that the Company is not herein engaged in rendering legal, accounting, tax, or other professional advice and services. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional accounting, tax, legal or other competent advisers. This post may contain views and opinions which are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency or organization. This post may also contain links to external websites that are not provided or maintained by or in any way affiliated with the Company and the Company does not guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any information on these external websites. Any/ all (Gold/ Personal/ Business) loan product specifications and information that maybe stated in this post are subject to change from time to time, readers are advised to reach out to the Company for current specifications of the said (Gold/ Personal/ Business) loan.