Udyogini Scheme for Women Entrepreneurs – Scheme Details, Apply Online
Many schemes has been initiated by the government to support female entrepreneur. Udyogini is one of such schemes for female entrepreneur to start their business and run efficiently. Read to know in detail.
The Government of India has introduced many welfare and development schemes for women to make them self-reliant. The Women Development Corporation has begun implementing Udyogini Scheme, a program that empowers women in business and the labour force.An Udyogini is a female entrepreneur. A primary objective of the scheme is to motivate rural and backward women, predominantly the illiterate, to become entrepreneurs by providing financial support. The result increases income for an individual or family and an economic boom for the country.
What Is The Udyogini Scheme?By providing financial assistance to poor women entrepreneurs, the Udyogini Scheme encourages them to start their businesses. The scheme offers women entrepreneurs liberal loans under various categories for starting businesses. The program aims to organise and provide skill development training to women.
In Karnataka, the Women's Development Corporation (KSWDC) is the primary agency offering Udyogini Scheme programs. Several other banks and NBFCs also offer the scheme.
Features Of The Udyogini SchemeThe following are the features of the Udyogini Scheme:
• Women of all sections can apply for interest-free loans under the Udyogini Scheme.
• A total of 88 small businesses will receive interest-free loans, including those in the grocery, bakery, pickle, fish and sewing industries and those in the beauty parlour and STD booth business.
• The government will also provide an additional 30% subsidy for loans. As a result, loan payments become more affordable and easier to manage.
• To assess the transparency and fairness of the beneficiary selection, Udyogini conducts an evaluation.
• As part of this scheme, women receive skill development training to establish their businesses. Business planning, pricing, costing, and feasibility are the topics covered in training.
Eligibility Criteria For Loans Under Udyogini SchemeHere are the eligibility criteria to avail of the Udyogini Scheme:
• Only women entrepreneurs are eligible for business loans
• No past defaults on financial loans
• Applicants should have good credit scores and repayment capabilities
• Duly filled out application form and a passport-sized photograph
• Birth certificate and Aadhaar card of the applicant
• Ration card & Below Poverty Line (BPL) card of the applicant
• Addresses and proofs of income
• If applicable, a certificate of caste
• Bank passbook (account number, bank name, branch name, IFSC code, MICR)
• Any other documents that the bank/NBFC requires
Q1. What is the process for applying for the Udyogini Scheme?
Ans. To apply for the Udyogini Scheme, follow these steps:
• To apply for Udyogini Yojana, download the form or pick it up from your bank.
• Fill out the form correctly.
• You must submit all the required documents with your application as specified on the form.
• The funding will be issued to you as soon as the application is approved.
Q2. What are the financial institutions engaged in the scheme?
Ans. Saraswat Bank, Regional Rural Banks, Punjab & Sind Bank, Cooperative Banks, and public and private banks are among the financial institutions that offer the scheme.