10 Reasons Why Business Loans are Financially Beneficial
Business loan helps with resources for meeting day to day requirement. Want to know about reasons why business loans are beneficial. Read Now.
A solid financial strategy gives an organisation a competitive edge in the market. Some businesses rely exclusively on owned capital to enhance their competence, while others leverage debt financing.
Despite many reasons to get a business loan, people refrain due to concerns about how it might affect their liquidity. However, borrowing funds strategically can provide a business with numerous benefits. The top 10 benefits are listed below.
1. Manage Working CapitalBusinesses require cash for periodic payments, material purchases, and unexpected expenses. However, customer payments can be sporadic, leading to an imbalance in the working capital. In such cases, enterprise owners can rely on business loans to meet their capital needs.
2. Flexibility For UsageUnlike equity investors, lenders don't interfere with your business operations. Their primary concern is that you repay your business loan on time. They also don't dictate how you should use the amount. Thus, a business loan gives you complete control over your spending.
3. Ease Of AvailabilityIt is easy to apply for unsecured business loans online. Financial institutions approve the loan online if you have basic KYC details and documents ready. It is beneficial for businesses that need funds urgently.
4. Reasonable Interest RatesCompared to other types of loans, most lenders offer business loans at reasonable interest rates due to cutthroat competition between lending institutions.
5. No Sharing Of ProfitsWhen an investor joins your business, they'll expect a return on their investment. With a business loan, that's not the case. Regardless of how well your business does with this financial assistance, you must simply repay a fixed sum to the lender.
6. No Collateral NeededMost business loans do not require collateral if you fulfil the eligibility criteria. Thus, small companies with few assets may find business loans appealing as they are unsecured.
7. Build Credit RecordCompanies can benefit from establishing a decent credit profile for their upcoming business ventures and start-up costs. A short-term business loan is an excellent way to build a credit history. By repaying these loans on time, businesses can improve their credit score.
8. Avail Tax BenefitsInterest paid on business expenditures is deductible under the Income Tax Act of 1961. Deducting interest from the expenses will therefore lower a borrower's taxable amount.
9. Quick DisbursalA business loan requires minimal documentation and disburses funds quickly. Thus, a company can continue their operations or growth plans.
10. Business ExpansionAs an enterprise succeeds, it must expand in scope or scale. However, relying solely on capital reserves for expansion can harm any organisation. An enterprise can expand into new markets and gain a more extensive customer base through a business loan.
In addition to meeting day-to-day needs, business loans help plan for future expansion. For business owners, collateral-free loans are especially beneficial as you can get them quickly without sacrificing company shares or worrying about end-use clauses.
Q1. What are business loans?
Ans. A business loan is a type of financing provided by financial institutions to businesses for use in their operations.
Q2. Is it better for the company to raise capital from a loan or through shareholders?
Ans. Business owners consider equity investing less risky since the company doesn't need to repay its shareholders. With a business loan, the company must repay the amount, with interest, without fail. However, both options have various pros and cons, and you must consider your business needs before choosing the appropriate avenue to raise capital.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. IIFL Finance Limited (including its associates and affiliates) ("the Company") assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this post and under no circumstances shall the Company be liable for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment etc. suffered by any reader. All information in this post is provided "as is", with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results etc. obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Given the changing nature of laws, rules and regulations, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in the information contained in this post. The information on this post is provided with the understanding that the Company is not herein engaged in rendering legal, accounting, tax, or other professional advice and services. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional accounting, tax, legal or other competent advisers. This post may contain views and opinions which are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency or organization. This post may also contain links to external websites that are not provided or maintained by or in any way affiliated with the Company and the Company does not guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any information on these external websites. Any/ all (Gold/ Personal/ Business) loan product specifications and information that maybe stated in this post are subject to change from time to time, readers are advised to reach out to the Company for current specifications of the said (Gold/ Personal/ Business) loan.