Don't Have Insurance? Here's How A Personal Loan Can Help
A personal loan is popular because of its nature of easy availability and usage. Personal loan can be use to pay for the medical expenses. Read to know how personal can help if you don't have insurance.
Health emergencies can strike at any time, and they are often expensive. If you don’t have health insurance, it can take a toll on your finances.Fortunately, personal loans from banks and Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) can assist in paying for such medical expenses in times of need. This article explains how a personal loan can help during health emergencies if you don’t have insurance.
Why Opt For A Personal Loan For A Medical Emergency?
1. Quick Approval And DisbursalPersonal Loans are known for their quick disbursals. Medical emergencies require rapid access to funds. In such a scenario, you can apply for a personal loan to help you with additional funds to tackle the medical crisis.
2. Treatment At Any HospitalWhen you want to get treatment with health insurance, you need to verify whether the hospital is on the insurer's panel. However, as you receive the necessary liquidity through a personal loan, you can skip the verification and seek treatment at any medical institution. You can pay for the treatment with the loan amount.
3. Flexible Repayment TenorPersonal loans allow you to choose a repayment term that suits you. The loan tenure typically ranges from 12 to 60 months. Analyse your needs, consider your income, and determine the time it would take for you to repay the loan.
4. All Medical Procedures Are AvailableMany insurance policies do not cover specific medical procedures. With a personal loan, you can get any treatment for you or a family member might need without worrying about funds. You can execute the necessary treatment without restriction from the financial institutions.
5. Minimal DocumentationObtaining a personal loan does not require submitting many documents. To get a loan, you must provide proof of your identity, income, and information about your business or job. With a personal loan, minimal documentation helps you concentrate on the medical treatment.
6. Protect Your Life GoalsThe primary purpose behind investments and savings is to achieve your life goals. During a medical emergency, however, you may need to access your savings to pay for it. A personal loan may be the ideal avenue to secure your savings and protect your long-term life goals.
Acquiring a personal loan for a health emergency can be a lifesaver since it offers many benefits. Make sure to borrow the specific amount that meets your requirements. After all, it is a loan, and you need to repay it with interest.
Q1. What is the advantage of a personal loan over medical insurance?
Ans. Lenders provide medical loans specifically to help tackle when medical expenses. In this case, you get financing to fund your treatment that you must repay with interest during a particular tenure.
Health insurance requires you to pay an amount (premium) annually or monthly and works as a form of protection before a medical emergency strikes. Even if you don't use your health insurance once, you may pay premiums all your life.
Q2. How fast can you get a personal loan for a health emergency?
Ans. A loan disbursement takes place within 24 hours of approval and verification of the documents.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. IIFL Finance Limited (including its associates and affiliates) ("the Company") assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this post and under no circumstances shall the Company be liable for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment etc. suffered by any reader. All information in this post is provided "as is", with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results etc. obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Given the changing nature of laws, rules and regulations, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in the information contained in this post. The information on this post is provided with the understanding that the Company is not herein engaged in rendering legal, accounting, tax, or other professional advice and services. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional accounting, tax, legal or other competent advisers. This post may contain views and opinions which are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency or organization. This post may also contain links to external websites that are not provided or maintained by or in any way affiliated with the Company and the Company does not guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any information on these external websites. Any/ all (Gold/ Personal/ Business) loan product specifications and information that maybe stated in this post are subject to change from time to time, readers are advised to reach out to the Company for current specifications of the said (Gold/ Personal/ Business) loan.